This is a short post where I list the most current Unreal Engine 4 system requirements and my dev machine.
Unreal Engine 4 system requirements
Here are the latest Unreal Engine 4 system requirements:
- Desktop PC or Mac
- Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
- Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
- NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
- 8 GB RAM
My current system
Here is the computer I use for game development and I can say it works great.
- 4th Gen Intel Core i7-4790 processor
- 16GB DDR3 memory and 2TB Hard Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics
- 4 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled (I upgraded to Windows 10, yea I know)
I know that it falls a little on the expensive side of things (At least for me) but it does not slow me down which is huge.
If you can afford Solide State Drives go for it!
Feel free to share what you use for game development.